Programme Overview(N-DL/345/7/1110)(3/25) (MQA/FA13110)
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), this MBA Open Distance Learning (ODL) gives you the flexibility to pursue your studies alongside your other commitments. By combining industry-relevant content with interactive online learning and digital resources, you can enhance your strategic and managerial business skills at your own pace, ready to take the next step in your career.
- Professional Recognition: Upon completion of this programme you will obtain the highest level of CMI qualification and will be eligible to obtain Chartered Manager* status from the CMI
- Value for Money: The programme provides an affordable way to pursue an MBA and invest in your future
- Online Resources: You will have all the resources you need to complete your MBA remotely including video consultations, webinar sessions, and recorded lectures
- Build Your Network: Opportunities to attend industry talks and conferences to expand your professional network
- Collaborative Learning: Remain connected by interacting with fellow students and staff through our online learning system
*with a minimum 3 years of manager experience
The MBA ODL is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). When you graduate, alongside your Masters you will also obtain the highest level of CMI qualification and will be eligible for Chartered Manager* status from the CMI. Throughout your studies, you have free CMI Membership giving you access to a range of resources including CMI Mentoring, networking events, and the Career Development Centre.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent as accepted by the Senate, CGPA 2.50 out of 4.00
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00, subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field
English language competency requirements for international students:
- Minimum IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550 or equivalent
- English language requirements can be waived if the international student EITHER comes from a country that uses English as the official language OR the entry qualification uses English as the medium of instruction
- Financial Management
- Business Management in Asia
- International Marketing Management
- Managing Information
- Organisational Behaviour
- Research Methodology
- Human Capital Management
- Postgraduate Research Project 1 & 2
- Strategic Management
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- *Corporate Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- *Business Ethics & Corporate Responsibility
*Choose any ONE (1) elective
Assessments are based on either full coursework (100%) or a combination of coursework and final examination. The most common combination to be found is 70% coursework, and 30% final examination.
Students are expected to demonstrate their understanding through several forms of assessments, including but not limited to discussions, essays, reports, presentations, projects, and written tests. Students will undergo a minimum of three (3) long semesters over a span of 1.5 years. In the final semester, students must submit a complete research project. At the end of the programme, students will have completed 42 credits.
Total fees: MYR 16,400