Accounting degree program is one of the best routes to a successful business and rewarding professional career. Accounting has always been considered as the language and basic management tool of business. Business is concerned about performance and accounting students are professionally trained to do more than that.
Over the last two decades, the business world has changed dramatically from deregulation of Government policies that propel cross border investments to paperless transactions and convergence of accounting reporting standards. The field of accounting has been responding to the changes that a traditional accountant has never experience before. In this new competitive and international business environment, accounting skills are very much in global demand and accounting has become a highly mobile career with endless job opportunities and career advancements.
Accountants have shed their stodgy image of green eyeshade's and thick glasses to assume the more prestigious global role of international financial experts, system professionals, management consultants, budget analysts, etc. More accountants are needed for Malaysia to achieve Vision 2020 and be known as a high-income nation but currently we have only about 30,000 qualified accountants.
Your educational journey has been meticulously designed to unlock full potential towards pursuing professional certification and undergraduate studies. All these and much more in unique education package inclusive of a vibrant university life in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
1. Malaysian Students:
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) in any two (2) subjects, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; OR
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; OR
- A diploma in accounting or related field, or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; OR
- Matriculation/Foundation qualification or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level.
2. International Students:
- A-Level with 2-principal passes or equivalent, recognised by Malaysian Government or fulfil any other entry requirements that are recognized by the University Senate; OR
- Pass IELTS with minimum Band 5.5, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550; OR
- Must sit for IUMW English Placement Test
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
We are excited that you are applying to the International University of Malaya-Wales. Throughout the application process, please read all instructions carefully. You will need to prepare the following documents for your application:
- Verified copies of your academic qualifications
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A copy of your MyKad or the identification page of your passport
Choose your category:
Malaysian Student International Student